Saturday, February 25, 2012

Here's how it happened

It was around 5am when we finally got settled in the room after Lily was born. I had grand plans of fully updating the blog, and sending emails to everyone I knew; but my exhaustion got the best of me. I made a quick post on the blog, put a photo on facebook, and fell asleep.

Rewind 6 hours.
Bobbie Jo didn't want to have a C-Section this time. She tried and tried, but every time she pushed, Lily's heartbeat would drop. After 30 minutes of pushing on all fours (which didn't slow Lily's heartbeat, but also didn't move her at all), Bobbie Jo agreed to surgery.

Bobbie Jo was much more anxious than the last time, but the surgery went well. I was in the operating room again, and had the same emotional response that I did with Max. It was awesome, and I was immediately in love. It seemed to take quite awhile for the doctors to "process" her. I waited impatiently. Mommy's drugs wore off.

Once Bobbie Jo was stapled back together, and Lily was tagged and inventoried, the three of us were taken to recovery where we got to spend some time with our new little girl.

It was an exhausting night for the three of us. We'll be in the hospital until Monday and are looking forward to getting to know Lily better. And Bobbie Jo deserves some well earned rest.