Thursday, July 3, 2008

Catching up

I'm sitting at my usual coffee shop the morning after "the great rainstorm of 2008". It's pretty busy and there are loads of people here charging their laptops and cellphones as a good chunk of GR is without power this morning. We are lucky to have power, but we did get a fair amount of water in the basement, a cleanup I am not looking forward to.

My last day working for The Holland Group was yesterday and I start my new job on Monday. I'm excited and will be doing a lot of new things at the new place. It's a Marketing Firm in Saugatuck but I know almost all of the people who work there, and I'm fully expecting it to go very well.

Max started eating rice cereal on Sunday and he's done pretty well. His ears are completely cleared up and he's eating a ton. He's been a lot happier, and a lot less fussy. Its been nice.

The next month is going to be extremely busy as my class is finishing up, I have to finish up a few projects with the old job, and get started figuring out everything that my new job entails. It's going to be a lot of very busy hours, but I'm sure it will be well worth it.

Tomorow I think we'll take Max to the parade and maybe the fireworks. He may not know what's going on, but I think we'll get a kick out of it.

Have a great 4th of July!