Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Due Date

Well, today, March 20th, is Bobbie Jo's due date.
We've gotten to spend 24 wonderful days with our awesome little dude. 3 weeks that have gone by so fast, and have been filled with so many wonderful moments. We're so happy that he was able to join us so much earlier than we were expecting.

I'm growing to love coming home every day from work, grabbing him from his mother's arms (or his bouncy chair), plunking him down on my chest and getting in a little father/son nap.

Bobbie Jo is proving to be a wonderful and selfless mother (as I knew she would be) and is taking care of Max every weekday night. She definitely doesn't have these 10 weeks "off". She works her butt off all day but I know she loves being able to spend all day with him. I take a break at work to look through pictures a few times a day.

It's been a lot of fun, and we're learning a lot. We're already dreading the thought of dropping him off at daycare, and the thought of dropping him off at school, him driving a car, or going off to college terrifies us. I think it's best we just take everything one day at a time - it's much less scary that way.