Monday, November 19, 2007

Three Hours

I learned a lot yesterday.
1) You can spend 3 hours at "Babies R Us".
2) Babies require lots of stuff I never thought of, never new existed, and never would have though of.
3) Babies are expensive!

If you would have told me yesterday morning that I would spend 3 hours in Babies R Us later in the day, I would have responded that "It was impossible to spend that much time in that place without taking a nap in one of the rockers". I would have been wrong.

Bobbie Jo, I, and Jessica Maddox (a friend of ours) made the trip to register/build our shopping list yesterday afternoon. Jessica gave us her opinion about everything we would need and helped us more than any book ever could. We are so grateful for her help!

Bobbie Jo and I had made a few trips to Babies R Us before, but were always completely overwhelmed. There is so much stuff. Butt cream, bra pads, baby spoons, bottles, socks, sheets, blankets........I can't even begin to list it all here. We aren't familiar with kids. There weren't many around when we were growing up. We haven't done lots of babysitting. When it comes to babies, we're kinda clueless. Having someone to tell us what the stuff was, and when we would need it was worth more than we could have known.

And lastly, Babies R expensive. I knew that kids needed stuff, but I never realized how much stuff, and how expensive that stuff is. We've been very lucky to have the friends around us that we do. We've been offered (and received) tons of awesome stuff from so many people. Thank you so much to all of you. We really appreciate it!