Friday, November 2, 2007

Someone to follow me around

Earlier in the day on Monday (when we found out about "the penis"), I watched a man mowing his lawn, his daughter closely behind pushing her own brightly colored plastic mower. It was incredibly touching, and something I can't wait to happen.

Knowing the sex of the kid is unbelievably exciting, not because it is a boy, but now I can put a "face" with my imaginations of what the next few years will be like. My ideas of the kid following around his biggest hero (me of course), multi-colored lawnmower, fully equipped Fisher Price tool belt, or ragged stuffed friend in tow. I can envision the kid pounding on the floor with a plastic mallet as I'm fixing a clog under the sink. There are so many scenarios that are going through my head.

For the next 5 months, I get to let my imagination run wild.