Sunday, August 19, 2007

Our first appointment

We met with the baby-doctor's assistant's intern on Wednesday. It was mostly a "fill out paperwork" and "what to do / not to do" session. I felt absolutely worthless and was excited with the simple tasks I had given to me. I made notes in my planner and was made fun of. It is becoming apparent (only 9 weeks in) that as far as the doctor's office is concerned, I am unnecessary throughout this whole process. I'm glad that my bride feels otherwise.
Bobbie Jo has been really tired, and while she's not barfing much (should I have phrased that differently?), she has been nauseous from morning to night almost every day. She's also been very tired. I'm trying to understand everything I can about how this parasitic* organism living inside of her affects her, but I still can't wrap my brain around a tiny bit of what she's going through. She's been a trooper. We've been given five or six books by Steve and Becky and have been reading those. I know way to much about way too many things that I'm not going to write about here (and a few things I'm storing away in my brain).

Thanks for reading, we'll post more after the next appointment on September 6th (maybe even a picture!!)

-James

*
Parasite-[par-uh-sahyt] an animal or plant that lives in or on a host (another animal or plant); it obtains nourishment from the host without benefiting or killing the host