Thursday, July 24, 2014

Monkey Bars:1, Max:0

I was in a meeting on Wednesday when a call came in from a number I didn't recognize; I sent it to voicemail. A few minutes later I thought about the babysitter who was watching Max and Lily, she was planning on taking them to the library and perhaps the park. I glanced at the phone's transcription of the message that was left.


While the majority of the transcription was crap, I did see "park", "monkey bars", and "broke".

Three hours later (after a few good laughs at Max on painkillers), we had a fracture, a splint, and a followup appointment in a week. They are pretty sure that it won't need surgery but are expecting him to be in a cast for 4-6 weeks. He was a trooper at the hospital, very brave, but I don't think the gravity of the situation has settled in yet.


I have to go, Max is making me snap together his Lego. He tells me where they go, and I put them together. Its going to be a long 6 weeks.