Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Dropping Max off at School

I (James) drive Max to school every morning. We listen to the radio, sometimes NPR and sometimes Bohemian Rhapsody. He asks questions; "Daddy, if the brain controls everything, and the brain is made of neurons, what controls the neurons? Can you ask Google?"
He doesn't like it when I drop him off by the middle schoolers,"Daddy, they laugh at me like I'm a baby". He seems genuinely upset. I make sure we don't drop him there anymore.

I've said multiple times how he is growing up, but it's what usually happens when I drop him off that lets me hold on to my little guy. He will let himself out of the car, and sometimes give a "See you later Alligator". I respond as expected and tell him to have a good day. He says "I love you Daddy" and closes the car door. I watch him through the window as he walks the first few steps toward the school and then skips the rest of the way.

I wanted to make sure that I wrote this down. I don't ever want to forget it.