Thursday, May 10, 2012

Wally The Fish

One afternoon I made a quick comment to Max along the lines of "if you're good, maybe I'll sing you a song about a fish who lives in an apartment". Stupid me, I thought it would never be mentioned again.
That night, as I put Max to bed, he requested his "fish that lives in an apartment song". After a futile attempt to talk him out of it, I made up a terrible song. He was quite disappointed. He asked for me to 'make it a better song'

Below is the 'better' version.


Wally the Fish

There was a fish named Wally
He didn't go to school
He had his own apartment
And it was pretty cool

He'd clean it on the weekends
The kitchen and the den
He'd get help from his buddy
An albatross named Glenn

Wally's little sister
Sweet Esmeralda Lee
She slept not in her bedroom
But in a maple tree

The three of them went fishing
One evening in July
They caught a yellow lobster
Who only had one eye

This song is pretty silly
It doesn't make much sense
But what were you expecting
From fish in apartments