Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

This was the year. The year that Max was totally jazzed to go trick-or-treating.

We practiced on Saturday:
James: "Max, what do you say when you go up to somebody's door on Halloween?"
Max: "Can I please have some candy?"
James: "That's very nice, but how about 'Trick-or-treat'?"
Max: "Okay Daddy. Trick-or-treat".
He had initially wanted to be the Cat in the Hat, then a train conductor, and at the last minute decided to be a pumpkin, because "pumpkins stand for Halloween". Bobbie Jo scrambled to find the costume, and Max made the cutest pumpkin around.


He took to the whole thing immediately, thanking every person who gave him candy, and then reaching into the bowl to grab a few extra pieces. It was an absolute blast. Seeing his enjoyment of the evening; This is what being a parent is all about.




I tried out some new carving techniques this year, and while they took me MUCH longer than ever before, I was pretty thrilled with the results. How anyone carves a pumpkin without a Dremel tool is beyond me.


Kinda makes me wish I could carve pumpkins more frequently than just for Halloween....