Monday, December 7, 2009

A Max Primer

I never understood how parents knew what their kids were saying. Now, I get it.

For those who may need to care for our child, I have compiled a list of Max's words and their normal English translations.
ä-pōō-ä - airplane
bŭp - puff (puffed snack thingy)
bĭk-ēē - Craisin (cranberry raisin), or Mickey (Mouse).
doo-doo - Spiderman*
dä-doo - Cheerio
dee-tee - Sesame (Street)
duhmp-ŭp - "Jump Up", his favorite song
- flag
gä-gōō - cracker
gä-gōōf - color, draw, or write on something. Or crayon, chalk, or pen.
moo-nee - (Handy) Manny, a tv show.
non-ee - naughty
tŏp-īte - stoplight (or sometimes stop sign)
These are the words that will most frequently trip people up. Most other words (eat, elmo, cookie (snack and monster), juice, (m)ilk, pee, poop, book, etc.) mean what you think they would mean.

I will update this list as necessary.
Hope this helps.

-j

*My next post will explain the origin of "doo-do".